Wednesday 4 November 2015

My School Magazine evaluation


evaluation

 In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of school magazines?  
The conventions of the cover that I used were a masthead, straplines, coverlines, main image and anchorage text. These are some of the elements that have created my front cover design. I used some of fireworks features like shadow to make the text stand out from the image. I rotated the coverline to give it effect. I added more pictures to make the cover more attractive to my audience. I edited the logo so that it doesn't have a white background.

Who would be the audience for your media product? 

My audience is students year 7 to 13 because the main picture shows year 12 students in front of the new build and the small pictures show different areas of the school with the same students in the shot. The text font is white and is attractive and clear for them. The anchorage on the front cover relates to the students as it links with sixth form and revision for exams. This would attract more students as the information relates to them. 

How did you attract/address your audience?

I attracted my audience by doing a online questionnaire to see what the people want on the front cover. this can give me results that will decide the contents of the cover. There was 5 questions which ask the name for the title, font colour, anchorage text and the age group I need to aim for. 


What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt from using Fireworks is how to use filters to make the picture and text look suitable for my magazine. I learnt how to use shadows to create effect as it separates the picture from the text. I used Curves to create a dark effect on the picture which makes the picture less bright. To create the title I used a website which had different font types that I could use as my title. The one I have chosen suited the magazine and my audience as it gave the magazine some style and creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment